For our client in the region of Amsterdam, we are looking for a front-end developer.
Start: as soon as possible
Duration: 3 months with option to extension
Working time: 40 hours per week, 36 hours is an option
Rate per hour: competitive
The role is in our clients eCommerce team, the B2B webshop they build for 6 different countries. Next to that, they are also working on the Gateway for bigger customers, all the Country Websites, Guided Selling solutions and Industrial Internet of Things. They build this in-house with their great tech department of 6 different Scrum teams, using the Spotify model to be able to really scale their delivery.
They like new technologies and updating their ‘legacy’ code, so they are looking for somebody with that same mindset. You will be working together with the webshop team, a bunch of great engineers, with a diverse and international background.
Our client is working in an Agile way, developing reusable code, focusing on usability and performance. They believe that you should choose the right tool for the job, not just the tool you know.
- Develop new user-facing features;
- Contribute to the shared UI component library;
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs in close collaboration with the designers;
- Working on website performance optimisation, scalability and security;
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Working experience with CSS Modules, Styled Components or PostCSS;
- A good understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them;
- Experience with Responsive web development;
- Experience with Unit Testing (Jest).
Nice to have:
- Open Source oriented mindset, used to giving and receiving feedback, ownership and accountability;
- Working in an Agile e-commerce environment and a good understanding of UX/UI is a nice to have;
- Experience with Redux, GraphQL, TypeScript, Redux-saga, experience with accessibility and Next.js are all nice to haves.
We would like to receive an up-to-date resumé of the suitable candidates showing knowledge and/or experience in the above, including a motivation why he/she considers themself suitable for this position.
Your proposal needs to be COMPLETE and provided with the following:
Date of birth:
Hours per week:
Own employee or freelancer:
Hourly rate ex VAT, including travel and accommodation costs.
Anko Hardon en Nikky Kempe 023-5383444